Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Decision Time

Have you ever been faced with a time in your life that you thought you knew what to do, but had the gnawing feeling inside that you needed to go in a different direction? This happened to me recently. I had everything planned out, knew what I was doing and looking forward to an event. I felt I had prayed, sought God, felt confident....but then....

About 5 weeks prior to this, I started feeling like maybe my timing was off, that this particular thing needed to be done at a different time, not now. I knew in my heart that God was trying to tell me something....but me being made of flesh, I didn't want to listen, I wanted what I wanted....

Things began to take shape in my life and in my familys' life that showed me I needed to delay my plans....still I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Finally with just days to go, I was setting at my dining table, making my plans.....like we all do, and I heard very clearly what God was saying. Then He reminded me, that we don't make decisions based on our emotions or feelings, but only on what He says to do. 

I cancelled my event, and immediately felt a HUGE relief.....

I don't know why the change, but God does....and whatever He has for me this weekend to do, is what I will do....and I know that I will have peace in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment