Thursday, November 15, 2012

Who Can Help Us Now?

Do you always look to be rescued by God in times of trouble? Do we always expect Him to clear up the messy situations in our lives, or to make the difficulties somehow disappear? My Mom and I were talking about the issues facing our nation at this time. I brought up the fact that people always believe that these things are signs that God is going to return and rapture out the church. While I agree, that God is returning one day for His church, I am also reminded that all down through history, there were awful situations throughout the world. I am sure that when the early Christians were awaiting their turn to be thrown to the lions in the public arena, or were being burned, or put on stakes, that they too believed this must the signs of the end times  I think what we have to realize is that God is not some magic fairy that just waves a wand and all hardships disappear. Sometimes we do walk through the most difficult circumstances of life. Sometimes we do see horrible conditions that people across the world are living in. I am not volunteering any of us to go through such things, but it does happen.....to all people at times. 
James 1:12
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him.

Romans 5:3-5
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

The reality of life is that there are people who suffer, sometimes it is in our own families that we see it. I believe God wants us to be compassionate to others, to help others and to do good for them when it is in our power to do good. Every situation that we go through, is a potential lesson for us to learn. If you are the person in the middle of the trial, then ask God what it is He is trying to show you. Sometimes through our trials we see our biggest growth. If you are the person looking on at the hardship of another, then ask God what it is He wants you to learn....is it compassion, is it grace, is it generosity, is it to learn how to minister to another soul? 

It is true that we don't always understand, but we have to trust in the One that wrote the Book. I see children throughout the world that are hungry, going without, orphaned, abandoned, sold into labor camps, and worse. I wish with all that is within me that I could step in and rescue all of them. I do not understand the things I see sometimes....it is hard to have faith at those moments that everything will work out. Then I am reminded that His word says to cast all my cares, all my worries, all my anxieties on Him...I have to trust that He knows what He is doing. After all, He gave His only Son to save the entire world. That is a God of compassion and great mercy. The truth is, He cares for us, He has not forgotten nor forsaken us. Whether He rescues His people out of here today or sometime in the future, I am not going to give up hope. I am not going to grow jaded at this world. My Momma always says that as long as there is breath in the body there is hope for the soul.....

I'm going to keep on walking this journey with renewed hope in the only one that is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we think or ask...who's with me?

Regina


4 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Regina! It's so easy to experience and see life's pain and uncertainties and be discouraged. Thank you for this encouraging reminder that our hope is in Him.
    I'm so glad you stopped by today!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! God truly is the only One we can rely on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabet! I read your blog the other day where you made spaghetti squash....the dinner looked great to me!

      Delete