Sunday, November 25, 2012

Never Give Up

Reflecting this afternoon on the sermon from this morning. It was so cool that the topic he preached on was something that had been rolling over and over in my mind for a week or so... to never give up on people, to lift them up in prayer always, that there is always hope. Sometimes our flesh wants to rise up and sit in judgement of another's actions, we want to (and if honest, probably have) ask God to make the person miserable until they repent. I am so glad that is not what God did to me when I was unsaved! God gave me mercy and grace when I deserved much worse..... when we invite the unsaved into our church, into our homes, relate to them on the job....they should feel that hope is alive, they should see life flowing from us. Too many times we want to throw in the towel so to speak on a situation in our lives or in the lives of our friends or family. We see the person or situation as impossible, the odds stacked against us/them, we give up too fast sometimes. We say we pray, but oftentimes it seems we think if we pray over it once, then that is good enough.....it is not, we need to continue to pray until we see something happen. 



I want you to be encouraged today to keep praying for that situation you are facing, or that your friends or family are facing. God is able..........

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment