Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Keeping First Things First




This week, a fellow blogger that I read daily, put out a post stating that she needed a break from blogging and that she would be back in 2013. She said she needed to look after the needs of her family, pray about the direction of her blog, etc...In other words, she needed to reassess her priorities.

It's easy to do, isn't it? Lose sight of what is really important in life. We have probably all been guilty of this. Life gets busy, demands on our time never cease, children need constant attention....at the end of the day we are spent! After this cycle of demands go on for a time, we start to feel out of sorts....with ourselves, with others, with our spouse, our children...it seems we have no time for our prayer time with God. I can tell you from my own experience that when I get so busy with life and neglect my devotional time with God, that I begin to feel overwhelmed....I begin to look for peace for my spirit, for my emotions, for my home. There is a song that says, "the only real peace I have dear Lord is in You!"  I have to remember that, I have to re-align my priorities to match His. I have found that when my life is in order as described in Scripture, that everything else falls into place

During the holiday season, life seems to get very hectic for people....Christmas parties, programs, special services, visits, cooking, shopping, baking, planning....the list goes on! As you go about your tasks this month leading up to Christmas, remember to check your heart.....are you putting Christ first in all that you do? Are you following His voice, taking on the tasks that He gives you, and passing on the ones that you feel He is directing you to not do? It may seem odd to you at first, but I can tell you that placing God first, listening to His voice, following His lead, will bring you real peace.....  

Be Blessed!
Regina  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment