Saturday, September 15, 2012

What In the World is Happening??

Do you find yourself asking that question lately? Lots of things happening in the world around us these days. It sometimes makes me want to barricade myself inside my home, with my children and my husband around me. But, seeing that is not a rational thing to do, I must go on living this life with all its obstacles. 

I asked myself today, what God thinks about the current situations in our world....one thing that gave me instant peace in my heart, was that God is not nor has ever been so shocked by our behavior that He fell from the throne..and as long as I trust in Him, and place myself in His care, there is nothing that can take me from His hand....nothing. It may look extremely bad around us, the political ground unstable, world events becoming more and more frightening.....but God is NOT stunned! I know that has to sound so very simple, but it is the truth......He is still in full authority. We can't  forget that, but often we do when in the middle of difficulty. 

I have to remember to quit saying, "God, I don't know what to do!" and instead say, "God what is it you would have me learn from this situation?" it changes the whole perspective for me when I say that. My focus in the midst of difficulty has to be on Him and not on the situation. It is easy for us, any of us, to get overwhelmed with our circumstances, take our eyes off the King, and try to manuever through this life without His guidance. This will never work.....He is our guide. Sometimes when I was a little kid at school, (I hated school by the way), I just wanted to be home with my Mom and Dad.....I still want to do that, in the midst of difficult days, sleepless nights, illness, struggles, and worry, to run home and know that I am safe, I can't do that anymore, so instead I run to my Heavenly Father.....I must remember that He knows the way Home.

This verse comes to my mind 2 Corinthians 4:8 & 9 

8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

We have a hope....yes there are horrible things in this life that are happening all around us, but we have an eternal hope, that God will never leave us, He will never forsake us, and that He will go with us! 
It is my hope today that you will find peace in these times of turmoil, that you will be comforted in the areas of your life where there is unrest, and that you will reach out to a very loving Savior and cast your cares on Him, because He cares for you! 










Be Blessed!




Regina













No comments:

Post a Comment