Saturday, December 17, 2011

Walking into Hobby Lobby does not a Craft Goddess make!!!

So yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby in search of 3 t-shirts. Of course the Christmas items are all up front and 50% off....so we had to stroll there. Good thing too, Beth found something for the name she drew this year. Then I see it....it is a Christmas stocking you make yourself, complete with appilque and sequins....I'm thinking how cute this will be for my husband b/c it shows Santa on a motorcycle. I'm standing in Hobby Lobby thinking this will be the absolute greatest thing! I must be good at crafts, I am in Hobby Lobby afterall. I buy it, get home and am anxious to see what to do. Well.......first of all, the stocking is in parts, you must first sew the thing together, then you must cut the pattern, then cut out each individual piece that makes the scene, then after that you must HAND sew ALL the sequins and attach a bead that is so microscopic I am not even sure I can see it to put it on the needel. Once all that is done, you can put the name of the person on the top. I got tired just reading the directions. I did manage to cut out one piece of felt.....looking like he may not have this wonderful masterpiece until next Christmas!

Meanwhile back at the ranch......I did find the shirts I needed to finish up my Christmas orders for bling art. So after lunch today, I thought I would do the Arkansas Razorbacks shirt. Seems simple enough, but for some reason when it was shipped to me, a portion of the rhinestones became detached. So what to do?? I pull up the pic on the computer and very painstakingly with tweezers managed to get all the beads back where they belonged and now I have the final product



There is still time to order one of these if you would like it in time for the cotton bowl. Let me know!

I still have two more shirts to do today, then I will take a break and who knows, I may tackle the stocking project.....
I was thinking last night after our Christmas party with the cell, about how people come in and out of our lives. I thought about how so many years ago, that God knew ahead of time that we would need a Saviour and He provided one for us through His son. You know it occurred to me that God is always going ahead of us and making provision. It was about 3 years ago that we were led to the church we attend now. I didn't know why we were supposed to be there, but just that it was the place we needed. A year after being there, a couple in the church lost their son to cancer. My heart went out to them. I didn't know them very well.....but then another year passed and through some unusual circumstances, we became friends and now they claim my three children as their grandchildren. They are YaYa and Doodah.....YaYa says that having this relationship with them has fulfilled a void in her heart. So I'm thinking about that last night how God had us in the right place at the right time to help meet a need in another person's life. There are so many other times this has happened in my life too. People become your friends or co-workers then when you look back you see that God placed them in your life for a reason. He's always thinking of us, always working to provide for us what we need, regardless if that is a material need, physical need, or an emotional one. What so you think? Have you at some point been used as answer to prayer in another person life, or vice versa?

About

No comments:

Post a Comment