Monday, January 23, 2017

Do I Believe He is More Than Enough?

 Do you guys feel like you just exited the spin cycle from your washer? What a week we just had! I feel like I am running to just keep up!

Now it seems my youngest, who will be 10 in a week, wants to go to kids camp with the church this summer. What? 3 whole days and nights without her Dad and I!

This is my girl who is "All Tump, all the time." ......at least right now. Fearless, smart, funny, the light of our lives.
She has her own opinions about everything right. now. She has decided she would like to write to Trump, because she simply, "has a few questions she would like answered."

I have to remember, I am not just raising a kid, I am raising her to be an adult woman,  a leader, successful, determined, full of good character. It's a tough job. I want to know that when she leaves the nest that I have given her what she needs to fly on her own.

Thats the hard part though. If I am successful, she leaves. It's what we want, but it is a struggle too. It tugs at my heart in the early hours of the morning when the house is completely quiet....

I want her  to soar....but not too far. Right? I have to give her the tools to succeed....at least I am working on doing that.

Camp.....I cannot deprive her of the experiences of being a kid, all under the guise of keeping her safe.

What if she gets hurt? What if there is a wreck? What if she gets sick in the night? What if.....?

I have to remember who I serve and who I am teaching her to put her faith in. I cannot be hypocritical here. There are only two choices,  we either have faith in Him or we don't. If I say I trust Him, I have to believe that He will take care of not just me, but of my children too. He knows more than I ever will about what is best for Her. He sees the whole story of her life, beginning to end. I just get to read a chapter at a time.

Saying I tust Him, means letting her go. When I give to Him, what ever it is, He gives back to me, many times over.

What am I afraid of? I have nothing to fear. Jesus conquered all when He died on the cross and then rose again. That was God's son.....how hard was that to let His son go to Earth, knowing the end of the story? Yet, here I sit, grappling with her going to kids camp?

Do I believe He is enough? I do.... The same hands that created the sun, moon, and stars, holds each of us. The bible tells me that He has a plan for her life. I have to trust His plan, I may not know what it is, but I believe it is good. He is a good Father. He is able to do exceeding, abundantly, above all that I could think or ask..........

I choose to trust Him with her journey

Regina

Jeremiah 29:1 (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.








No comments:

Post a Comment